- The Company will collect personal information by lawful and fair means with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- At the time of collecting any personal information The Company will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- The Company will use personal information solely for the objective of fulfilling said purposes specified by us, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- The Company will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- Personal data collected will be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, shall be accurate, complete, and current.
- The Company will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- The Company will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
Personal Data – When The User utilizes The Website or The Software, The Company and The User may collect what is generally called personally identifiable information which is information that specifically identifies an individual. For the purposes of The Policy, we refer to such information as “Personal Information.” Examples of Personal Information include name, email address, business mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information. Personal Information may also include other information, such as age, geographic location information, travel itineraries, and preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual.
During use of The Software, geo-location information may be collected from a user’s device to determine physical location. This can be controlled by The User.
When The User utilizes The Website or The Software cookies (small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters) may be sent to The Users device. The User can select or opt to accept or deny cookies. Note that if The User deletes, or chooses not to accept, cookies, the features of The Website and The Software may not be utilized to their fullest potential.
The Company may also automatically record certain information from a device by using various types of technology. This automatically collected information may include IP addresses or other device identification, the web pages or sites visited just before or just after The Website, the content viewed or otherwise interacted with and the dates and times of use. The Company may also use technologies to collect information regarding interaction with notifications and email messages. This information is gathered from all Users, and may be connected with The User’s Personal Information.
The Company may also implement third-party content or advertising on The Website that may use forms of web beacons, which allow the third-party content provider to read and write cookies to a browser in connection with viewing of the third party content. Additionally, The Company may implement third party links for Social Media partners that may allow third parties to collect information through such third parties’ browser cookies, even when The User does not interact with the links. Information collected through these menas is collected directly by these third parties, and Oversight LLC does not participate in that data transmission. Information collected by a third party in this manner is subject to that third party’s own data collection, use, and disclosure policies.
The Company may obtain The User information, including Personal Information, from third parties and sources, such as partners. If Personal Information is associated or collected from other sources, that combined information will be treated as Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
Information collected on The Website and The Software shall be utilized to operate, maintain, enhance and provide functionality, to provide services and information requested, to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to The User, and to process and deliver entries in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time. Information collected may be used for:
- Communication between subscribers, individual users, moderators, or via multiple communication means, including telephonically, via text/SMS, or via email.
- Make Personal Information searchable for the purposes of emergency planning and/or response.
- To send crisis and general interest notifications via various communication methods (e.g., text messaging, SMS, email, etc.).
- Allow sharing of geo-location information in accordance with any opt-in preferences selected.
- The Company may use Experience Information collected on The Website and The Software to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of The User, in order to improve, or to develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- The Company may use email addresses or other contact einformation collected to contact a User for administrative purposes such as customer service or to send communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products and services offered by The Company and by third party partners. The User has the ability to opt-out of receiving certain promotional communications.
- The User may at any time prohibit collection of location information by turning features off on the mobile device with the understanding the The Website and The Software may not be able to function as intended. The User expressly consents to the collection and use of location-based services, and expressly waives and releases The Company from any and all liability, claims, causes of action or damages arising from use of The Website and The Software, or in any way relating to the use of the geo-location and other location-based services.
The Company may disclose information to third parties with The User’s consent in doing so, as well as in the following circumstances:
- Information that is voluntarily included in a publicly accessible area of The Website, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- The Company works with third party service providers to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, and other services. These third parties may have access to, or process Personal Information as part of providing said services. Generally, said information provided to these third party service providers is only that reasonably necessary to perform their service functions.
- The Company requires third parites to agree to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
- The Company may make certain information, including Personal Information, available to third parties for various purposes, including compliance with various reporting obligations.
- The Company may disclose information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws, in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- The Company also reserves the right to disclose The User information that in good faith is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect The Company from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of The Website and The Software and any facilities or equipment used to make same available, or (v) protect property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
- Information about The Users, including Personal Information, may be disclosed and otherwise transferred to an acquirer, or successor or assignee as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of assets, or similar transaction, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which information is transferred to one or more third parties as one of our business assets.
The User may decline and opt-out sharing Personal Information, in which case The Company may be unable to provide some or all of the features and functionality of The Software.
The user may update, correct, or delete account information and preferences at any time by accessing account preferences page on The Website. Users may contact The Company at email@example.com.
The Company’s Website may contain features or links to other websites and services provided by third parties. Any information provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through The Website. The Company is not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through The Website.
Protection of young children is critical. The Website and The Software are intended for use by the subscriber and their personnel and not intended for children under the age of 18. Collection and use of Personal Information from children under the age of 18 will be solely governed by the subscribers policies and require obtaining parental consent where legally required. Information that may be retained subject to The User’s internal policies. When identified, Personal Information collected on The Company systems ofpersons under 18 years of age and without verifiable parental consent, appropriate steps to delete this information will be taken.
The User shall be aware that no cyber security measures impenetrable. The Company is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on The Website or the Software. Additionally, The Company cannot control the actions of The User (subscribers with whom may choose to share user information), or instances of caching and archiving services may have saved said information, or other users or third parties that may have copied or stored the information. There is no guarantee that information transmitted during normal use may not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The Company utilizes technical safeguards that are designed to maintain the integrity and security of Personal Data that is collected and maintained. The Company cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted and used by The User (subscribers and individual users) and do so at own risk. The Company also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If The Company becomes aware of a security systems breach, The Company may attempt notification electronically or by other means so that appropriate protective steps may be taken.
The Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States and the United Kingdom. The Company may transfer data from the U.S. via secure means that travels through other countries or regions in connection with processing of data, fulfilling requests, and operating The Company’s business. By providing any information, including Personal Information, on or to The Website, consent to such transfer, storage, and processing is implied and given.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
The Company will update this page periodically to reflect any changes to The Policy.
Please contact us with any questions or comments at: firstname.lastname@example.org